September 12, 2010

Service with a Smile

I am not sure you can find happier people than the Filipinos.  Every where I go I see smiling, happy people and most of the time I am wondering what about their situation is making them so happy? I saw a man riding on the top of a garbage truck (literally hanging on to bags of garbage with a big smile.) I see sweet little "nakey buns" (naked kids) with bare feet, no shoes, no clothes playing near busy streets with smiles. I see dirty, tired faces that seem happy and content with life. Sometimes when I hate my non-air conditioned kitchen, I remember these faces and I get over my kitchen pity pretty quick. It is a constant  reminder every time I leave my house, to be grateful for what I have. It does not matter where I go, I am sure to get a smile.
I went to get a pedicure and before I could sit down I had a whole pit crew working on me. I was not sure if it was because it has been a while since I have given my feet some proper attention or if they have never seen a 91/2 foot size? Regardless of why so much help, they were all swarming around me, smiling away. Sometimes I start laughing to myself like "is this creepy or cool?" Mostly just unbelievable.

This next one is of me and my gals okay, not gals....... pals!
After that last hair cut I decided I could not mess around. I needed the real deal. This is me trying to be serious....I can never pull that off. I think I spent all 3 hours laughing. When you get your hair or nails- actually whatever done here, you really have a few people working on you all at once. I kind of felt like the lion in The Wizard of Ozz, preparing to meet the wizard or maybe Loyd Christmas on Dumb and Dumber?

5 comments:

  1. You look SOOOOoOo pretty! I love your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you a supermodel?? Holy guacamole - gorgeous to the max. You rock that hair my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I just say....I MISS my Jamie! You look darling...I don't care how many dolla's it cost to make you a blonde, you are beautiful...I am not so sure about the serious face though!(and who is the guy in the background? I think I will invite him over for my halloween party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The girls are beautiful! and you are right...very happy!

    ReplyDelete