September 11, 2010

Life is Tough


Maybe I need to quit with the sarcastic blog titles...They sound more like brag titles, what do you want me to put? "My life is so rough in the Philippines?" Or "I hate all these great weekend get a ways?" What about "Yuck... sun, sand and sea?" or "Life is miserable with a full time helper?" I know, I sound a bit sassy in the moment but I hope you all know we just want to give you a taste of what our life is like here. It's not always rose colored, I am hot and sticky most of my life, I dream about Diet Mountain Dew, and if you do not count Trent, I have 0 friends....well, that speak English.

We managed to get away this weekend to a place called Eagle Point in Batangas. The trip was a blast, minus that one of my cameras bit the dust and my other one was completely out of batteries. It left us with Trents Blackberry. Excuse the few and not great photos. This place is suppose to be big time for divers, we did not exactly fit the mold with our slew of toddlers but we managed to have fun and we  pretty much owned the resort. The food was maybe the worst I have ever had to endure, we tried EVERY THING possible on the menu, hopeful that we could find some thing to get us through the weekend.  It was a bust, lucky for us we had our back up toddler snacks.
This is Arnie our car driver, he looks so happy doesn't he?  He is getting the boot here pretty quick, will save that for another post or not. Anyways, he has never been on a boat, if that is what you want to call this beauty. It is more like bamboo sticks with a motor tied to it.  We took this Sea faring gazelle to a little Island called Seapoc to spend the morning. The picture does not do it any justice for how pretty it really is. The water is crystal clear, the mountains surround you and their is plenty of snorkeling to be had.
My favorite part of the weekend was the boat ride. I am so glad I have Trent to look at and say





"Is this for real?" It is a great adventure and it keeps us both laughing!
Sharing a hammock swing





The swim pool has the coolest slide going from the upper pool to the lower pool. I am sure it has maimed plenty of kids in its day. We came home sunburned and tired so I guess we can chalk it up for another HORRIBLE week in the Philippines. Thanks for the fun weekend Daddy Doo!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're having a great time! I love reading your blog, I can hear your voice and you're funny giggles. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sea faring gazelle huh??? Oh my dear you make me laugh. I so want to come party with you and try to help you cope with your trials?!? I love hearing all about it. Thanks J-Dog

    ReplyDelete