September 16, 2010

G-Dog



I have decided to share with you the people that I see almost every day of my life....


G-Dog 

I will start with Gerald, one of our "security guards". His job is to sit at our house for 12 straight hours and come back the next day. Although this guy some how managed to talk his way in to sharing our drivers room so he never leaves....EVER! I am actually happy to have him, he is a great babysitter, grocery holler inner, and handy man. He is the funny one and I can always count on a laugh when he's around. He told me he was a Mormon for a few months....I'm still not sure I believe what comes out of his mouth.
He sits at this make shift station. Every 30 minutes he walks around the yard comes to the back door...I think just to see if I am baking or am feeling generous. Well, that and I am pretty sure he is  fond of our little Joan. He uses the book to write down when we leave, when we come home, etc. I am sure it would be life saving.
I saw him eyeballing Trent's drill for weeks, he would kind of get that "man stupor look" going every time he'd past Trent's tool box. Imagine how happy he was when I asked him to hang a few pictures? Except that it had not been charged so it left him....




Pounding nails in to the concrete and look still happy!

Finally the winner. I went out to wait for Sydney's bus and this is what I found. Gerald (off duty) making some furniture for his "bedroom". Super.

Really, it has been kind of funny to have security guards. I have never felt like they have been necessary but they are fun to have a round. They are always so respectful and eager to help in any way. They love our kids and have made our stay pleasant. We laugh because they salute Trent every time he leaves or comes home. Trent told them "No more saluting, just wave" but I do not think they understand him! I always say, "Why do you not salute me?" they just laugh...rude! That my friends wraps up our Gerald, we are happy to have him!

1 comment:

  1. I REALLY don't know what you're going to do when you come home. Trent's going to go broke with all of the man-servants you're going to need/want! :)

    We missed you the other night. The Divas tried to call you several times (Wednesday morning your time). Hope you're getting our e-mails so we can be sure to catch you next month! :)

    ReplyDelete