October 26, 2010

Yes Way!

 While it may not have been the most humane place we have ever visited it was definitely one of the more memorable! I wont bore you with the amateur  things like photo shoots and feeding young tigers from a baby bottle. Let me jump right to the good stuff, feeding mature tigers raw meat with nothing but chicken wire to protect us.....Okay, so maybe not chicken wire but I am sure it was no super high gauge steel either. 





 We opted out of the family photo shoot when we saw that "baby" was tied down with a small chain. I feel like Trent and I were the only ones that were border line up tight about being surrounded by tigers that seemed agitated to be alive.  And that was just the "Pre-tiger Safari" waiting area.















 Our sweet riding machine, Sydney tried to make it look good by striking a pose.   I could feel my heart start thumping  when they shut us in our cage. Even though Trent looks like he is playing it cool here, he gave me the "Are we being loser parents look?" When they started smashing raw chicken up against our flimsy barrier I gave Trent the "YES smile!"







I was not even using any special zoom lens. That's how close the tigers really were! I had to pretend I was not scared for the kids sake but I am pretty sure I will never be able to listen to Eye of the Tiger with out getting the creepy shakes. I know it sounds dramatic, only because it was.


They had taken us around to a whole bunch of animal exhibits that were nothing short of bizarre. Croco Loco was another favorite stop on our journey where you could stop and feed the crocs. Some of the other exhibits were retired greyhounds, some mangy looking camels, albino oxen and a couple of poodles that looked like what most would probably refer to as mutts. I am not much of an animal rights activist or anything but most of the animals we saw did not look quite right. Things like, ostriches missing almost all their feathers, sharing a pen with some wild pigs. They named that section "The Savannah".  Some of it was a little disturbing to see but it surly did not get in the way of us having a good time and making some great memories!

6 comments:

  1. That is awesome!!! I love Tates face. He looks like he is not quite sure about the whole thing. Actually, I love that Trents underwear is totally poking out.I miss you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can't believe we have the same blood running through us, that would freak me out! I am glad you survived to blog about it(:

    ReplyDelete
  3. you make me laugh so hard! i can just hear your sweet voice describing the whole scene! now, when we're rockin' out to eye of the tiger during a mean session of rock band, i will always think of you and your near-death experience at the "zoo!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, i think i would have been scared too. and sad for the animals, that's why we never rode the elephants in thailand. but what a cool experience! i'm glad we didn't hear on the news about your kids getting eaten.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are getting soooo skinny! I can't believe what you deem "responsible activities" with my prized grandchildren!...not to mention my lovely daughter and son-in-lopogus.That's you (and Trent) always up for a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are hysterical. This made me laugh out loud!! It sounds like a "Tijuana take-your-life (and those you gave birth to) in your own hands" adventure!

    ReplyDelete