October 7, 2010

Nold

We have not had a lot of success here as far as finding a family driver! I know, it kind of sounds funny to say "driver" but it is more a matter of survival. We are now on our FIFTH driver and currently looking for our SIXTH! Darn! Let me give you a run down of the boys so far; I also wanted to point out that the Filipinos are way into nick names. I told them they can just call me "Cool Mam J."

Odie-Temporary driver/Semi shady character/Dirty mouth(or at least that's what they tell me...I always said I wanted the kids to pick  Tagalog!) Bonus, because he did not have seat belts he would take twine and tie the kids to the seat. Awesome!
Neilman/ NEIL-Totally cute and Temporary. We offered him a job but could not pay him enough to stay....hmmm....I wonder if it was Emmie's high pitch squeal? No way.
Arnold/ARNIE-half empty kind of feller, "My life is bad", "This is such hard work" etc. You are killing me! Really the dude did not make much effort with the kids or anything else....bye, bye.
Monroe-Lover of women and men! No problems except for that he lost my keys, his phone and his way in general.
Arnold/NOLD-Temporary until he finds a "better job" Well at least he is honest! He is very kind and though he struggles driving a manual he has killer good skills when it comes to driving in Makati. He is very sweet with the kids. I am pretty sure I could bench press him...I always like to see the size of his dinner plate because I am not sure where the food goes?

This is our Arnold or "NOLD" as he likes to be called!

Have I mentioned that these guys are way into posing? And high fives. All I can think about when they hold their hand up to give me five is "I know you did not wash your hands with soap because I have yet to find any, while in a public bathroom!" Aaahhh!

2 comments:

  1. Jamie - This is the first time I am reading through your blog and you are cracking me up! I miss you and hope you are having a wonderful experience! ~Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH man! So many memories. I totally know what you mean about the posing and nicknames! I forgot about that!

    ReplyDelete