August 17, 2010

Mabuhay!


WELCOME TO THE PHILIPPINES!
These are just some random pictures of our flight over and us getting settled. I have been really lame at snapping photos, maybe it is the culture shock or the heat. I am recommitting to pulling out my camera and to start snapping because their are so many good blogging opportunities here.  I feel like my jaw is constantly dropped and I am either laughing or cyring (I am sure it helps with the stares that are coming my way).
SLC Airport just minutes before our "peaceful" flight.   





I am sure that the fine people in business class rolled their eyes more than a few times at us. Syd and Tate seemed to manage fine....this one on the right, not so much.  The  best advice that was given was to take her car seat. I hope we can find away to strap her in it until she is 12. out of our 16 hour flight she slept for about 3 hours (painful)!



This picture says it all...HOT & MUGGY! This is us and a few belongings outside the Manila Airport. I am pretty sure that I have never smelled smells like that in my life (a mixture of pee,pee and bad cabbage?)   




These next few are just random shots of what you see everyday here. I am shocked at what day to day life is for these people and it is a constant reminder to me and the kids to be happy for what we have.
 

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I don't know how you guys survived that plane ride....crazy! I wish I could be there to hear you laugh and your running commentary on this life experience......oh, and your hair looks fabulous by the way:) Hope you can find a good highlight lady over there:) p.s. email my your phone #....I am going to see if I can call on my international plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take tons of pictures now! In six months it'll all seem normal and you won't remember what was so weird about the place. I always thought "oooh, gotta remember my camera next time", but never did. Now I can't remember what was so appauling or different. I mean, cow tongue is available at your local Kroger and grown men drop their drawers to pee off a sidewalk in the US, right?

    ReplyDelete