August 18, 2010

A day at the mall

 It is kind of funky how many malls they have here, in fact the largest mall in Asia is in Manila. I heard it would take three days to see it all (Smithsonian has nothing on them). If you like shopping and are a size one, fit in a "A cup" and have a foot size of 5 or less than this is the place for you. I do not qualify for any of those things so it is kind of a bust for me however, we did find some pretty funny things for the kids to enjoy.  Yes, we did have to soak them in a bucket of bleach when we got home but man was it fun!


Over sized stuffed animals  that are battery operated,
now that is a good time!


I think in the short time that we have lived here, the number one thing that I have learned is to have patience, lots of it. If you purchase anything little or large plan on it taking a half hour to get from the check out to the exit of the store not too mention wait time for the driver. The first time we purchased something that was electronic they asked if I would like to have it tested? "Why?"- I guess you always have everything tested to make sure it works before you leave the store (hmmm....).  Then they make you come over and show you that it is in working condition before you leave. It makes you feel really confident about your purchase. Trent was playing "store" with Sydney the other night and she said,"Wait one moment sir, I need to test it before you can leave." Perfect!

Trent and Tate waiting for our driver. You text your driver to say "ready" and wait for your sweet Asian express to show up!

4 comments:

  1. I think I may become your #1 blog fan! I LOVE the Philippines and love reading about all of your experiences! What an incredible time for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! Love your descriptions...you always make me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell me they at least have a Williams & Sonoma......I know you could hang with that. Also, you will have to do a post on your feeling of things you sent over vs. things you left behind. Like, do you wish you would have taken those 7 extra glass baking dishes?? Or silver serving spoons?? Inquiring minds need to know:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love reading about all of your adventures!
    and you sound so posh texting and waiting for your driver.

    ReplyDelete