October 24, 2011

The Night

I think I might have
taken a million pictures. I love this family, and I am not
sure how long it will be until we get to see them again.
These are some pre-baptism shots, they were so happy and 
excited for their special evening.
Jessa, Jeanie, Shira  


How many Filipinos can you fit in a Taxi?












As awesome as this night was for Jeanie and her family, I feel like it was every bit
as wonderful to me! I felt like a gained a true sister. While sitting at her baptism I had
the impression that this was exactly why we came to the Philippines. Leaving this time around
was a lot easier than the first. This wonderful woman served my family for seven months and loved
my kids like her own. I could not ask for a better friend or "helper"! Thanks a million times over, Jeanie.


By the end of our night, I was a frazzled, jet lagged, crying mess.
I am so glad for the Langheims (our expat/mormon friends) that
helped  see the missionaries through to Jeanie and her
family. They came to the baptism, then offered to take me
home (in a totally normal car, that smelled good).  We had dinner at
a local fish market.
A perfect way to end the day.



1 comment:

  1. Jamie, I just read all of your posts and loved it! I need to hear more about your trip. The utensil handle is awesome!

    ReplyDelete