October 22, 2011

The Kick Off

Despite the long flight, 
spending a few days with Jeanie was totally worth it.
When we called to tell her I was coming she could not quit laughing, 
I think it was a good laugh? Somewhere in between "Are you joking? and excitement.
I should start by saying....I really missed having a driver. I was not to
nervous about taking taxi's since I kind of know my way around, but 
when I looked down and saw that my door handle was the bottom of a eating
utensil, I was thinking "hu, this might be a funny day". When we started on the
express way and the car maxed out at 35, I really wondered what I was thinking. Did I mention
no air conditioning? I think because it was day one I was able to laugh about it.
Seeing the smile on Jeanies face made the "not so cool" taxi ride, no big deal.
Louie, Jeanie
Courtesy of Trent we started our weekend with a shopping spree. And a trip
to McDonalds, I have never seen any kid as excited to eat at McDonalds
as Louie, I am not sure how he ate because he grinned the whole time.

Louie and his Aunt Lorie
We spent the afternoon at Jeanie's house preparing
for the baptism. I also wanted to check out her pad and 
see how it turned out since we did not get to see it finished before we left.
Jeanie gave me a tour (with her neighbor Enday).
Though it may not look like a lot, it is a huge improvement.

Basement; Bathroom and kitchen.

Blue bucket is where they bathe.

Notice the sink.


Upstairs; Louie and his buddy. The white machine is 
a washer sitting next to their fridge.



 Jeanie is so happy with her house!
She really is one of the most gracious, kind women that I know
and I am so happy that our paths crossed.

I love Filipino babies! Love them.



The kids kept coming to the door to take a look
at the white lady,
pretty much a movie star 
or 
maybe a freak show.


Out front...
The crowds came,
These kids do not have a lot 
BUT
they are the happiest kids ever!
It is a good personal reminder, and makes me want
to live my life differently. It makes me want to spend 
less on material things, spend more time with my kids 
and overall, simplify my life.  
I say this but it is really easy to forget when 
I am back in the comfort of my own home. 
DVR rocks, heated seats are the bomb,
and I am pretty sure life would be way lame with out the Disney channel.

Remind me to take third world trips often.

No comments:

Post a Comment