November 17, 2010

Brent Pride Award


"For Listening Attentively In Class 
And For Her
Bright Ideas During Group Discussions."

I love it when my kids get a little boost of confidence that doesn't always come from us! I am having a proud Mommy moment. Sydney has really been great about this whole move. I think scholastically it has been a bit challenging because she is in class with primarily Asians, who have been in school since they were 18 months. I am shocked at some of the work they are doing and pretty sure I will be no help with second grade homework.
They give the awards out during "chapel".  I felt like I was sitting center stage during a Solid Gold dance routine. They have got some rock'n gospel songs. It made me happy that I attended Aspen Elementary where it was okay to sit in the corner eating glue sticks and miss class because you were busy chasing butterflies on the playground. I am sure thankful for my Syd and her hard efforts in school. She is loving it despite how challenging it can be. GO SYD!

3 comments:

  1. Isn't she just beautiful? I am sure she will be caught up in no time...OH, and you show your age when you talk about "Solid Gold Dancers"...awww the image that brings to mind. My little bumble bee totally naked...well almost, except for her knee high boots doing the splits to the Solid Gold Dancers Opening song. What dreams you had as a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Syd...she looks adorable! Your mom's comment is making me laugh out loud! Can you still do the splits in that same outfit?

    ReplyDelete