February 18, 2011

I Dream of Jeane



Okay.....I am going to go ahead and tell you how it works with having a live-in helper. Because it's not always without its "bumps". But let me first start by telling you Jeane is a gold mine. I really do feel like I have a genie in a bottle waiting for my next wish. She is amazing with the kids (some times too amazing and I have to tell her to quit being so cool). We wanted to find someone who could love the little Savages as much as we do. I know, not an easy request because they can be absolutely  challenging to love sometimes, especially when Tate calls you "Poo Poo Face" and Syd pulls one of her "I am going to be an independent five year old and challenge you on everything that comes out of your mouth" stages AND Emmy....that goes with out saying, she eats a bowl of "crazy" for breakfast.  BUT  I was still hopeful that we could find the perfect one for our family. I swear.... my prayers have been answered! I feel like we have a full time preschool teacher here all the time. Jeane is sweet, happy and totally rocks our house.
I have learned that it is hard to find some one that is an "all around" house, kids, laundry, cooking etc. So we hired a second helper. (I will introduce her another time)...but honestly I am not sure why because I think Jeane and Peter Walsh drink from the same cup. She is a cleaning, organizing maniac. Don't be surprised if Trent comes home with another wife. If I start thinking about life without my helper I get really sad, so I try to focus on the now and enjoy the sweet gig I have.

Jeane is the tiniest person I have ever met. I think I could crush her with one hug. I love watching her hold Emmy because it looks like Emmy is the one holding her. Trent was hollering at me to come and see our closet...I thought maybe he found a big lizard or something. "Jamie bring your camera now!" "What could it be?" Trent never beckons me into the closet....at least not with my camera. If you really want the key to Trent's heart, this is what makes the man happy.....


Color coded shirts. I know some of you really cool ladies probably already do this kind of stuff. Let me be clear, I don't and probably never will. But I am sure going to appreciate the fact that Jeane will do it for me. Okay, my brag fest is over. Jeane is cool and I am one very lucky Mommy.

4 comments:

  1. I want Jeane!! Stop with the bragging!! Actually keep it up because I don't have anything to brag about so I brag about my awesome friend in the Philippines living the high life. If you stop bragging, I will have nothing to brag about!! So glad you are enjoying having help my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the sweet love, where are you? You need to post and you need to post now....it's been too long!

    ReplyDelete