February 10, 2011

Scuba Doo!

That's my man! Trent and I are in the process of getting our scuba certification. It has been so much fun, I have learned that not all body types are for wet suits. Some of the best diving is in the Philippines so we decided we better not waste any more time and go for it. Our first lesson was in the pool and the following Saturday we were in the ocean. Aagh! I have been surprised at how much "thinking" goes into it. One more outing and we are officially certified.
Probably the only picture I will ever post of me in a wet suit. PS the tanks are heavier than they look.















Our all "Filipino" dive team. Anilao
If I had any nerves they were gone pretty quickly, Filipinos know how to lighten any mood. Seriously, check out those smiles. Our dive instructor is the guy in the yellow, James and his goofy brother (right). They were moon walking under water...totally not normal and right up my ally.


Not sure what the Filipino name is for this but it is blue marlin soaked in vinegar and a hot chili. It totally looks gross but I was in love. Hmmm... maybe diving makes you hungry and your willing to eat  just about anything? I think I need to invest in a underwater camera case because I can not begin to explain how many fish we saw and they were all around us. The highlight of our first open water dive  was swimming next to a huge turtle. Thanks for the adventure Babe!

4 comments:

  1. There is nothing that holds the two of you back! You are a very adventerous couple!! Looks like you had a good time. So...what is your next awesome adventure??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are looking pretty darn good in your wet suit! We aren't talking near enough these days. I miss you! It was fun to see Trent while he was here. CALL ME ROBERT!(:

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you like it! We need to go together soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so lucky! That looks like quite the fun adventure! We need to talk soon...I miss you girl! Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete