February 16, 2011

Fishy

 (Tate, Syd and Em trying to pull fish face.)
We have pets. Yes, this did happen while Trent was in Utah last week...coincidence? My friend did a mermaid party for her little girl and gave away goldfish as a party favor. I did not think that they would last more than a day but these fish are pretty durable. So far they have digested popcorn (and who knows what else) been manhandled from Emmy, AND escaped from there temporary fish home twice. I did not realize how much I loved them until I came in and one was missing from the tank. Judging from the look in its glazed over fish eye, I imagine it was hanging out on the counter for some time, luckily I was able to revive him. I know it is only a few pesos to get a new one but I am a loyal fish master. In fact, we went from using a salad bowl to investing in a full on fish tank, oxygen and all, even added a couple of blue angel fish for some friends. I swear these fish are in love with me, I think it is because I disregard the whole rule about only feeding them twice a day. My helper keeps telling me "Mam, I think your fish are getting too big" (I am a sucker for their little open mouths). "Mam there just breathing". What ever. Maybe she is right, they kind of look like they need to be in a small pond now.
Orlando and Andy (named after the shady care takers next door)

Sydney helping Tate give a little fish pat.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNOW! but it is actually coming in. You are going to love her fuzzy little head. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie, I think you have a case of wishful thinking...she is bald as a queue ball.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you make me giggle and i love that about you...fish master and the fact you have fat fish. bahahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post almost made the anti-pet person want to get a fish for my kids to pet. I love the photos!!

    ReplyDelete