December 1, 2010

Not really Strawberry Days....

A wet and crazy adventure! I am sad that I only have a couple of pics of this outing because it is totally worthy of a blog post. The ex-pat group I belong to took a day trip to the "Higantes Festival" which, if I am not mistaken are those big, not really attractive puppet things. The festival takes place in a small village and is a celebration of their saints. Filipinos march around a parade route throwing water on each other, especially the white foreigner chicks that stand out in a crowd. I have never seen anything like it, really! I went on my first trike ride which provided me with all sorts of entertainment. It was the highlight of the day for me (good, cheap fun). We ended our day at a restaurant that serves all sorts of exotic food (crickets, goat parts (you know what I mean?) ....etc.) Yuck! I made friends with the UK ladies and laughed until my sides hurt!
Me and Nikki.

I am not sure why, but these ugly things made me laugh.


No comments:

Post a Comment