August 9, 2012

33 Miles



This WAS our longest day of riding...EVER!
At this point, my bum was now in the "numb bum stage"...so no problem.
I told Rudy at breakfast that he would not break the Americans (I might have been a little worried).
11.5 hours from point A to B.  I feel tough just thinking about it!

This might not look steep...it was. 
Sometimes I could feel my horses hind quarters hitting the 
bottom of my boots. We were so impressed with the horses endurance 
and the capacity they have to go and go and go.
 Throughout the day we would gallop, trot and climb and climb some more.
Sometimes I thought poor Paquito was going to have a heart attack right on the trail.
I have a million pics of this day because it truly NEVER ENDED!



Relaxing


A ride through town.



Ice cream break!




5 hour ride to lunch and you better believe
we were all feeling it!

Paquito had a roll in the sand...he made it look GOOD!


Besula
This was the view from our picnic table.



While Rudy took his daily siesta, Trent and I explored Besula!
I loved this place.






Walnut grove.

I am not going to lie...I have never been so happy to get off of a horse 
in my whole entire life. Trent looked pretty happy too!
 I was so happy, that eating more tomatoes
seemed like NO BIG DEAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment