April 15, 2011

Whale Sharks

Don Sol
There are only a few places in the world that you can swim with whale sharks and this is one of them. We heard this trip was a must if we got the chance so the end of February we headed south with a few of our friends. Any activity that involves shark in the word, is an automatic turn off for me but they really are GENTLE GIANTS (as they refer to them). When we jumped in the first time I thought I was going to die, I flipped out big time. I am sad we don't have any great pics of the whale sharks.

The gear
The groupies

Andersons
Frosts

Langheims

We had such a good time that we went round two the next day. It is hard to believe how massive these fish are. It is like swimming over the top of a tour bus.

Whale Spotter


You jump off the side while the boat is still moving....

You do this over and over for about four hours or until you are sick of pulling yourself back in. The whales surface and dive. Totally, entertaining.
 This is Omar our cute guide (and his hanging mole, no joke). I tried to not stare. This is a picture of Brad, me and my very personal mole encounter. Squirming...yes.

                  
                  My favorite part of the trip...
            cards,
mango shakes,
good tunes
and the
fun company!










Refer to Trents face book for live video feed of whale sharks.

2 comments:

  1. You look as pretty as the sunset behind you Jame Jame. :) I cannot believe you got in the water with SHARKS! Hats off to you! Be honest.....deep down inside of you did you really think that mole was cute and were you wishing Trent had one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is SICK! Didn't you just want to take a pair of scissors to that thing?! Would have LOVED the swimming with the whale sharks, though!

    Hey, went to Mormon Prom Saturday night as clothing police from our Ward and met a Kelly there from the North Stake. When I told her which ward I was from, she immediately said, "Do you know Jamie Savage?" So, I am fulfilling my duty and telling you "Hi!" from her!

    ReplyDelete