April 26, 2011

Filipino Easter!



We will never have another Easter celebration with out remembering our time here in the Philippines. It is because of these goof balls that it was so special. AND we had the Clayton clan pay us a visit from Singapore  which made it that much better. 

I was a little nervous when I thought about having six kids six and under but it all worked out. Especially when you have plenty of helpers to man the fort. Truly, a relaxing, fun, time.

Syd scored the "golden" egg this year, not an easy accomplishment. Fred put extra effort into finding difficult hiding spots for the eggs.  This is a picture of him "pre-egg" hunt, cutting into a coconut to hide the treasures. I had to remind him that we wanted to the kids to have success.

Let the games begin.
Jeane and Fred spent a lot of time planning and preparing Filipino games for us to enjoy. I can not remember the Filipino game names but here are a few shots of our fun filled activities.


This game is similar to our version of the fishing pond, but the kids had to jump for the treats while our new driver Samy, was the levy man.


This game was fun one too! Slightly more difficult but similar to a pinata,  this little clay pot (palayok) is filled with treats and flour, when the kids connect it makes for a nice powdery explosion. The kids loved it.


These guys poured on the games thick, they loved them every bit as much as the kids.

My Easter fuzzy had serious concentration going. The next game made me laugh the most, to the point of tears (all at the expense of my little ones, of course). They had to dig for treats (w/out hands) in a plate of flour...what is it with the flour? Trent was slightly annoyed with this one. Sorry kids, I hope the treats were worth it.





This game should have a disclaimer.....
Need I say more? 
I was not about to post the picture of Trent and I swinging our eggs. The determined winner is who
ever cracks their egg first.

The best Easter ever. really.
Tate and Maren

My honey bunny

2 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun!! What a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I didn't know that the Claytons were in Singapore....our other good friends are there too (The Bates family, if you talk to the Claytons soon) I love your updates and it really seems like you are having a blast over there.

    ReplyDelete