January 24, 2011

Going, Going....Gone.

 I am not sure what has happened to my Em's hair...but it is GONE. When people ask me how we have adjusted I always reply with a "Great!" But maybe I forget to mention that my sweet little Em has gone from massive amounts of hair to well, peach fuzz. She is now mistaken for a little boy on a regular basis and any of my attempts at slapping a head band on her, only makes me look like a desperate Mother grasping at what- once was.

She has went from this wild crazy mess....
 To this  dwindling Asian inspired due...
 To this.....

I am not sure if it was caused from the Zhu, Zhu incident or squishing baby lizards and other things that are not supposed to be touched (the child is relentless.) At first, I wondered if it was because of the heat and she just went in to doggy mode and shed. I also considered the stress of moving half way across the world...No it couldn't be.



 Regardless of how many times I ask why? or how?, the cold hard truth is that it is gone.
I guess their is only one thing left to do,
just keep loving her and her bald cuteness! 




3 comments:

  1. Hey Jamie!
    Check with your doc about ringworm (ew!). Seriously it's a common thing and there is one version that interferes with hair growth. NJ and I want to come see you guys-it looks like you're loving it there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary-Anne! Please Come we would dig it. I probably should have mentioned that I did take her to the Dr. (2) and they could not find anything, they did look for ringworm...with that said we are living in a THIRD WORLD! I wondered if it is because the day we moved here is the day she quit drinking milk...won't touch it. The Dr. did not think it was from that hmmmm.... But maybe I need to take the bald eagle back in. It does bother me, especially when I look at how much hair she had. PS I need your email! GET OUT HERE NOW :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jamie,
    My friend has twins, Tamzyn's age and they have so much hair! I mentioned Emmy's hair to her. She said this very thing happened to her friend's daughter. She now has very normal, beautiful hair. She is a nurse and said there is a name for it. I am hoping that is what it is.

    ReplyDelete