July 22, 2010

Getting Comfy

Our house hosts (Mom, Linda & Cassie)  have been more than gracious this Summer. The kids are starting to rule the roost and I am thinking, "why leave?" My kids are entertained for hours on end playing with their cousins, sending boats down the ditch, taking lawn mower rides around the yard, having Grandmas wait on their every beck and call. I heard Sydney telling/commanding my Mom from the little pool in the backyard "I want this much ice and this much lemonade!" I am definitely past the point of embarrassed in fact I think I have hit the numb stage. Even though my kids have made them selves more than at home, I really appreciate all of the help and patience....even you Dad. I will not even be offended when you all throw a huge party the day after we leave. I can all ready hear my Mom shouting "FREE!" and doing a happy dance. Thanks for being so patient and cute with our kids!

Cousin lawn mower ride.



I am sure that it will thrill Trent to know that we had brownies/cookies and root-beer for breakfast! I always believe in feeding them the healthy stuff to start their day right.

Pirates!
Syd and Bens- If their is such thing as kissing cousins these two would qualify.



You know it is probably time to pack it up when your kids are digging into Grandmas flour bin. This is just one of the many surprises that Grandma Gaye has found. It pales in comparison to the lotion cream "experience" the day before.
The Real Reason it is Time to Leave...

My kids need their Daddy! and so do I Wow, we have missed him so much. Trent has been in and out this Summer, our kids think it is Christmas morning when he comes home. They usually start squealing and laughing then somehow it all ends in tears (I am not sure how or why it goes down hill?) We are so excited to be able to go with him next time. Get home Daddy!

4 comments:

  1. It is going to be so sad when you guys leave, even Maxwell will not be doing the "happy" dance, and I am positive Mom won't be. My kids have had so much fun,and I am not going to have anything to bribe them with anymore.And we are going to miss you, please don't leave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Blog is too FUNNY! Your family is so cute. Everyone is going to miss you guys, especially Mindy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie...first of all, you are taking some great pictures! I will be thinking of you this week as you prepare to head out for your grand adventure.. Good luck with the kids, the packing, the goodbyes, and all the long hours of travel. We will miss you but I am so excited to hear of your adventures and awkward moments that are surely coming:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jamie - I love seeing all your pictures and reading what is happening with you! Good job keeping us posted (: You should print out your blog into a book at the end of every year - do you already? I bet your kids would love it (and so would you)!

    ReplyDelete