June 6, 2011

TRAVEL- Beijing

Beijing, China

Day one of our China trip.  
In the morning we explored this Hutong village.  
It gave us a good feel for how the locals live.
Beijing has been the most "different" place I have ever traveled. 

When I say "different",
I mean food, people, the culture as a whole. 
The scorpion was delicious....
Just kidding.

What we thought would be a "short" after noon of shopping ended up being 
a marathon shopping event. It was AWESOME.
Everything you here about the deals you can get in China are true.
If you can dream it you can buy it..
and the Chinese love to bargain! 

I was so happy to find this...

And Trent  was happy with his
Chinese cuisine.

Foyer of the Westin

This was our dinner....
I loved it, until I saw this...
What the heck?
Day one down; 
I feel so....Asian.

1 comment: