June 9, 2011

Beijing 3

Day three,
our favorite day for sure. We did a 10 k hike on the great wall,
it sounds easy but it was an ALL day event. 
 We covered a section from Jiankou to Mutianyu. Basically where the old
meets the new, if you ever go to china this is must.

Before our hike began we went to a farming village and used their 
bathrooms. This was the sign for the women.....

And no,  I did not include the mans sign.
But here is a shot of the bathroom...
(I thought Manila was bad.)


We made it to this point in about an 45 min to an hour from the bottom.  
So awesome!




 I was a little nervous to see who we were going to be spending our day hike with.
We had a great group, a couple from Australia and a couple from Singapore.
Trent gave me the, "we will not be the last ones up the mountain look."

Game on Baby....Okay, really I was dying but we made it and the 
Americans came in first :)

This is where the old section meets the new section....




Those stairs make me sick,  just thinking about
them makes me want to rub my calves with icy hot.


We saw some funny things while on the wall,
like this guy in his suit with a brief case.

And this...

This is the end of our hike. YES! 
We did a tabagon ride to the bottom of the mountain, it
was so cool. Similar to Park City, Utah's but longer and faster.
 I was a little nervous,
okay a lot.




On the way home we decided to go to a food market.
In all my life I have never seen or smelled anything like it.
Promise. This is a "nice" version of what was available.



Trent in front of the floating teapot.  Day three....
Perfect.




1 comment:

  1. Jamie.....amazing pictures! I would love to do this someday!! The toilet picture was great, Ill bet Trent appreciates the lack of a seat to cover:)

    ReplyDelete