March 31, 2011

SWEET SYDNEY IS SIX!


What happened to my little peanut? Time really does fly. I have a handful of memories that I consider to be "the best of the best" of my life.  The day that Sydney joined our family was definitely one of them. The first 24 hours of Sydney's life, I was running on pure adrenaline (okay maybe the drugs helped) but I could not sleep, I was thrilled beyond measure with our little girl.  Nothing could have prepared me for the feeling of intense love that came with our little Sydney Sunshine. I am so grateful for her happy little attitude, her friendly skills,  and the way she treats Tate and Emmy.
We love you Syd!


ONE



TWO



 A love for swim suits year around.

THREE


FOUR


Syd's first official birthday Party. (Run, Jump & Play)


FIVE


SIX
I feel like overnight Sydney has gone from a toddler to an independent little lady. Maybe loosing her first baby tooth has aged her. Here are a few things that I have noticed about the Sydster lately. She wants to do her own hair or at least make additions (I smile on the outside, cry on the inside). No more dining on plastic toddler ware, she has noticed that Trent and I use different place settings and now makes sure she is above the Ikea dish ware. She is also very aware of herself and her out fit for the day. Syd wares a very preppy uniform to school but loves to add pink socks to give it her own flare. She is quick to point out on me or anyone else, what is "cute" and what is "not really cute". I always appreciate these observations because she is sincerely trying to help. You are right Syd, I should roll my socks "snake" style. Everything she colors or writes is done in a rainbow pattern, EVERYTHING. She is a little sponge that is soaking everything up. I love, love, love that she is becoming her own person, her  questions about life and her overall desire to do what is right. We love you Sydney.

7 comments:

  1. To Sydney,

    Happy Birthday! I hope you're having a good trip. When are you moving back?

    Love, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sydney,

    You're growing up so fast! I remember when you were so little. Happy Birthday!

    Love, Hannah

    P.S. Move back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sydney, your Utah cousins love and miss you! Have a happy, happy birthday. You are a darling girl. Love, Aunt Deb and all the fam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Syd! I can't believe you lost your first tooth. You are growing up way too fast. I love you!
    Love,
    Aunt Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can not believe how grown up she is looking, she has the prettiest eyes ever! She was such a dang cute baby too, especially after skeletor stage. Happy Birthday cute Sydney, we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know why I'm commenting...Syd has the best name ever! Happy Birthday to her :) Love, her Aunt Cyd

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to All! Syd was very happy with her birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete