March 29, 2011

Bohol'd Out! (the never ending post)


Kind of funny huh? These little guys (tarsier monkeys)  can only be found in Bohol. Totally cute AND creepy.  I was proud of Cassie, she hates any kind of animals...being in the Philippines brought out a side in her I have never seen....posing, spelunking, teaching our dive crew how to make "awkward" sounds with her arm pits, she was awesome and did me proud. She even let the iguana perch on her shoulder, is this really my sister?

After the animal kingdom we went to see the famous chocolate hills. Totally awesome. There are over 1000 of this perfectly shaped little mountains. I wish I could explain how they came to be but that's not my specialty. So enjoy these pics. It really was a unique, beautiful place.







Chocolate hill kisses


The best part of our day, maybe even the whole trip was our ATV rides around the chocolate hills and through rice fields. Since it was a bit muddy, we purchased some really ugly t-shirts and went for it. LOVED IT!  Sure our machines were a bit sketchy but it just added to the adventure.




I love him
AND
her....




I was so sad when our ATV adventure was over, well worth the muddy toes. We also went to this hanging bridge (not a must see).




Cassie giving us a wave





Our trip to Bohol was nothing short of AWESOME and I am so happy that I got to share it with some of my favorite people.  That pretty much sums up our two week adventure with my sister and niece. It was fast and furious fun.  My kids felt a little left out, I am going to have to make it up with some good cousin time this summer. Thanks Cassie and Beth for the visit! 
Total adventure.


I should mention that our two weeks O' Fun would not have been possible with out our Rock Star Jeane. She is more than cool. She kept my kids happy, fed and clean.  Not to mention, my house was nice and tidy. I am not sure how she does it but I really appreciate the sweet gig I have going.





2 comments:

  1. What a VERY cool place. I love seeing this part of the world with you. You sure know how to have fun- thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I look like I could eat Jeanne for lunch.

    ReplyDelete