June 4, 2010

26 hours and HOME

I still cannot believe that we decided to drive across the country AGAIN! We had the mini packed to the brim. I am so proud of my cronies for hanging in there...not you Emmy. Syd and Tate should get a reward for how well they traveled-19 hours day one, 7 hours day two! Ooh, I still kind of cringe when I think of it. It always surprises me at how resilient  kids are and how happy coloring books and few potty stops at questionable gas stations can make them.

The most amazing part of our trip is that Trent offered the kids Slurpees. That's right, Trent treated the kids to Slurpees in the car, and even though it will probably never happen again, I am very proud of him for taking this monumental step in parenting.
Three weeks ago Syd went to the dentist to get situated for the Philippines because lets face it,who knows when she will see a legit dentist in the next couple of years. I am pretty sure she is going to need to make one more visit before we make our move.

If I am being completely honest, I am not way in love with driving across the country with a load of toddlers but we had a few memorable moments that almost make it worth it. We had some good laughs, a few screams of delight mixed with a little car seat pain and we even managed a couple of quiet minutes. At the 20 hour mark Sydney said "Hey my bum doesn't hurt anymore" We decided that she must have gotten to the numb bum stage.
(Sidney Nebraska)
 

We made it! and I still can not believe how "Houdini" managed to get this load in to the mini-Good Job babe.We are looking forward to the good times in Utah!



1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you guys made it home safely! I think I couldl probably do it if I had your great sense of humor, my friend. And slurpees? I am impressed......that is a big step in the right direction to relate to the rest of us who live life on the edge! Have fun in Utah.....and call me about your pictures.

    ReplyDelete