May 21, 2009

MR. Sandman

I do not like to think of myself as a "nagging" wife, but I will say that I have "gently"encouraged Trent to consider building the kids a sand box, hmmm... for the past month and a half or so. This photo (above), sent to his cell phone one afternoon worked like a charm, the next weekend Trent had the sand box built and ready to be filled with sand... Thanks Honey!


 I have such awesome memories of our sand box growing up. I really wanted our monkeys to experience the same. You know, the endless hours of play, the particles of sand that find  their way in to every awkward body part, the gritty crunch in your teeth for two days after, the blood shot eyes from neighbor boys forking sand into your pupils aaahhhh.... those were some good times!


This picture makes you want to go buy four tons of sand from some cute little old man huh? Quick word of advice -DO NOT TIP CUTE LITTLE OLD MAN- unless you want cute little old man to plant a kiss on you. Well, okay it was on my cheek but still  it all happened so quick, I couldn't decide if I should blush or politely vomit in my mouth. So instead, I just put my head down and started laughing (more like a nervous giggle) till he got in his- make shift dump truck and puttered -bye, bye.


 Sydney ended her day by praying to "bless the sand box, the sand box toys, and to bless her friends to come to her sand box."


  This looks like a pilates move! Oh, poor Tate has texture issues.


 It was probably for the best that Trent was not home to witness the bathroom breaks; This may have been the very thing that would have thrown him into cardiac arrest.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!! I have great memories of our sand box too! I have a old man kiss story for ya--How about a half opened mouth, very juicy kiss from an 80 year old man who had just had a hole deilled through his noggin to relieve the pressure of fluid on his brain from a fall. (when I was 16, mind you!) I didn't know what to do when he came at me--I just had to take it and then wipe off the slobber when he left. Ah, memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jamie! Your kids are sooo cute and getting so big! You look great! I can tell you've been working really hard! Am I going to cross paths with you this summer in Utah? I think we will be heading there at the end of July.
    Your blog is so funny...just like you! I'm glad Cass sent me the link!
    Keep in touch! Love,

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny stuff Sister. Can't wait to come play in the sand with the little tikes. Word of advice for little Syd, if the sand is in a clump let her know to be careful, sometimes that clump can turn out to be something more. I know from experience. Love you guys!

    Mac

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just got a sandbox too, and I love it! Aren't they the best? Even though the floors don't stay quite as clean as they use too huh? By the way, I too have received an old man kiss. It was from Josh's slobbery drunk boss at the company Christmas party. I was totally swooning! There is nothing quite like it.

    ReplyDelete