June 5, 2009

The Closet Auger

When Trent and I moved to Kansas, for his internship with Procter and Gamble, we had this funny experience, well a combination of funny/border line appalling.  It was the Fourth of July and after typical Fourth of July festivities we got back to our apartment fairly late.  Poor Trent had,well... let's call it a "late night date with the potty." After many failed attempts with a plunger it left us with no option but to call the apartment maintenance. Can you imagine getting a service call on the Fourth of July to unclog some ones potty? I always hoped that Mr. maintenance got through his firework show before he got the dreaded phone call. Needless to say, I got the giggles when the not so happy plumber showed up and  realized what he  was up against. I knew it was bad when he had to go back out to his truck to get one of these....

The Closet Auger


I honestly thought it was a fishing pole, which made the giggles turn into a full blown belly laugh. (I am sure at this point Mr. Maintenance probably wanted to give me a closet auger beating).  I thought I would share the closet auger story, only because when I saw my toilet this week it brought back the memory and I had to wonder if we were going to have to track down a closet auger when I saw this....

lucky for me it was an easy fix and I was able to fish out a few toys that were within reach. That is when I decided to corner my victims and figure out which one did it.

This one is clever and cute but lacks the skill.... which leaves me with one of these two...

Lucky for me, Syd does not know the art of a fib and after a brief grilling she passed with flying colors.


and then, there was one.......

I know, he is cute.....  but the dude is destroying everything in his path. I have had to give my self pep talks every night this week, that the most important thing that I can be doing is to love this little destroying angel and to look on the bright side, no closet auger needed!

3 comments:

  1. your kids look so much alike. after you dropped off that dessert o' my dreams, darren laughed because you had all three kids buckled up across your middle row, and they all look exactly the same except for different sizes. it's like the evolution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ew!! I hope you threw those plastic boats out right away. I mean, what would Trent say?
    Just kidding, you crack me up and I love your cute kids.....have to agree with Carrie on the evolution thing:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie, your kids are so cute. Syd is definitely a mini Jamie.

    ReplyDelete