May 16, 2011

Time to Go....

It pains me to even begin this post....(sniffle, sniffle)
BUT the Vanillas in Manila are closing a chapter and beginning a new. I am
not sure how life can get better then the past year. Truly, it has been the best year of my 
life. I would say the same for Trent, but I am certain the best year of his life, was the year
he found me. Waka, waka. Okay, but for real.... 
I am pretty sure that living here is at the top of his list too.
We have had such an awesome experience and I am not sure much in life will come close to our time in Manila. Living here has been like seeing life in color for the first time. A night has not passed since we have been here that I have not thanked my Heavenly Father for this opportunity. I love the people, the very laid back culture, and that every day brings an adventure. The best part has been sharing it with Trent and the kids.
It has not been a year with out it's bumps but when you see how most of this country lives on a 
daily basis it sure makes those bumps not seem so bad.
Trent mentioned how he will not miss the smell of a public bathroom in South East Asia. Seriously, somethings will be burned into our senses forever. Uugh.  And I will so embrace life with air conditioning.  But as a whole we have have loved being here. 
Trent got a job offer with Ebay in Salt Lake City.
While we are sad to be leaving the Philippines, we are pumped  about getting back to our roots.
So, in honor of our stay here in the Phils (Philippines) , I have decided to post some of our simple and  favorite things about our time as the Vanillas in Manila!

 


3 comments:

  1. I am so sad for you, Beetle is sad too but I am SO happy for all of us here who miss you so much! I seriously can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you and Trent on the job offer. I'm glad you've been able to have such a great experience that will be one of the highlights of your life. I will be great to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sniff Sniff!! I am sad that you are leaving early AND sad that you aren't coming back to Cincy. You and Sina will just have to start a new chapter of the Gourmet Divas in Utah:)

    ReplyDelete