July 18, 2012

Zions-Angels Landing


Trent and I have never really spent much time in Zions National Park...
consider that box checked!
We did a quick weekend and packed it full, what an amazing place Utah is!

First stop was the visitor center for our narrow permits (ps reserve 3 months in advance:)
 and then off for our rental gear.
Check out these ugly things...
(side note-not so sure I would EVER rent the boots again-
they permiate some bad smells plus gave me wicked blisters)
 I think sitting next to Beth didn't do a lot for my look.

We had to bust a move to make it to the top of Angels Landing before dark...
I like to say "we" but it is a lie...I hate heights. I happily cheer leaded from behind...about 1mile.
Angels Landing.



 This is where I got...and big time chickened out.
I consider myself a pretty rad chicken.
 Maybe it was the figure bouncing down the cliff that did me in.
Trent lives for this kind of stuff, my hands are sweating while I type.
Photos-courtesy of Cassie.




Then my crew came back!

This section is called Walters Wiggles...say that with out smiling.

We should talk about Beth (my niece). She is the real maniac of
our trip. she had her wisdom teeth out a couple of days before we went.
She was not suppose to suck and realized too late that a camel back might 
not be the best choice for a water source. She tried drinking upside down.
You are RAD Beth!

First hike down.

We carb'd up on this bad boy and called it a night!



No comments:

Post a Comment