January 10, 2012

New Years, New Goals & going private!

Cheers to the New Year!
Okay, so I thought I would officially start my New Year Blog.
Along with a few Savage family goals (sometimes that word makes me squirm)
I think it is because I am afraid of possibly flaking out. 
Family goals are usually a win for me. Trent is super amazing when it 
comes to setting and achieving his goals so I like to be on his team. Plus, check out that cool 
hat, who wouldn't want to set some heights to reach with this Dude?
 1. Read the Book of Mormon as a family, I might as well put hike Mnt. Everest...
This has proven to be super-duper challenging. So the "Jamie" version of this goal is 
teach my kids the Book of Mormon stories. I want them to be able to look at pictures
in the scriptures and know who and what is going on. 

2.  I would talk about our Respect one another goal but I hate it.
Just kidding. It has also proven to be a little difficult and we
are only in the second week of January. So the "Jamie" version is
for me to try to not lose my cool as frequently and to stop and think
before I speak (did I really just commit to that?)
We also want to help our little yahoos realize that their is 
NO ONE MORE IMPORTANT THEN EACH OTHER.
I am sure this will become a life long goal and 
some days/years might be better than others.

3. To take a couple of really fun family trips so we can 
brag about them in next years Christmas card...Wa-haa!
 but for real, we do want try to make some memorable trips this 
year with the kiddies.

4.  Attend the temple at least 12 times. I know, it may not 
sound like we are reaching for the stars but this would actually be
more than we have done if you added up the past few years. We figure 
since we live close to many temples we have no reason to not 
to pass with flying colors.

5. And finally,  have regular FHE (Family Home Evenings)
We are pretty good at this..but I want to be a little
more "rock star" about them. Nothing to make other families
feel like their not as cool as us (just being funny) but things that will really have an
impact on our sweet punks. I also commit to having a happy, positive
attitude when T-Man is on the road and I am the "lone FHE Representative".

AND, SO,
their you have it.
Nothing out of this world and yet
hopefully things that keep us going in the right direction.
Happy 2012!
Em smacking down her "New Year" ribs

2 comments:

  1. Great goals!! Good luck with them. We have a couple of the same ones. You guys are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I approve of all the goals except #2. Please don't think before you speak.....your ability to react genuinely in every situation is one of my favorite things about you!

    ReplyDelete